Thursday 12 June 2014

#SUMMERBLOGGERCHALLENGE : Summer Bag Essentials


The lovely Amy over at amsiegramham decided this summer to do a blogger challenge revolving around all summer things and as soon as I seen it I wanted to be apart of it.  Every week she decides a new topic to blog about and 2 weeks ago it was the first topic: summer bag essentials and yes I know I'm only writing about it now, I'm sorry!  Anyway I already have to catch up on last weeks and this, oops!  Anyway lets get on with it!

Below are all the things which I would include in my bag for summer, in my opinion the key to a summer bag is keeping it small and simple!


1.  The bag ~ this small coral shoulder bag is from h&m and I bought it about 2 summers ago for only £15!!  But obviously it won't be in stock now but similar shops will do them such as Primark, NewLook and even Zara! 


2.  Water & a mobile / camera ~ water is SO important during the summer!  One because it'll keep you hydrated and two because it will clear up your skin and also cold water is really refreshing in the hot weather.  In the summer hopefully you will all be getting up to different adventures and creating lots of memories and one day you will want to look back on them all so I really think its important to carry a camera at all times to capture the moments.  


3.  Money ~ during summer as I said above you will probably be up to lots of adventures and most adventures are not free :( so you'll be needing money and probably a purse to go with it.  The one above is a Cath Kidston replica purse and I think it goes with the whole summer vibe.  Also you should always have money with you doesn't matter if it's summer or not!!


4.  Deodorant ~ this is sooo important during the summer season!  It'll keep you from sweating, smelling and will also keep you feeling refreshed.  I absolutely love this Garnier one above and it's great for summer. 

5.  Perfume ~ I love fresh, floral and fruity smells during summer but also ones that smell like coconuts and general summer!  The one above is Vera Wang "princess" the original perfume from the god that is Vera.  This is an all round great scent and is just beautiful and is perfect for summer.  Bronze Goddess and so hooked on carmella were perfect scents for summer that smelt like coconuts.  Throughout the day I love to just spritz perfume all over me and feel fresh!


6.  Bobbles & clips / clamps ~ these are just an essential for everyone!  I have long hair and in the summer it's just a nightmare and I am forever spending my time looking for bobbles and clips to tie my hair back because I find in the summer it's just constantly in the way and making me more hot.

7.  A bright lipstick ~ to be honest I don't think summer has to be an excuse to wear a bright lipstick, I am constantly wearing a red or pink even in the winter.  As you all know I am OBSESSED with flat out fabulous by mac and this is just a perfect shade for summer but don't forget to pack your lipstick when you go out so you can apply it again and again and keep your look looking fresh.

8.  Ipod & headphones ~ during the summer months there are going to be songs that come out which make you feel good and remind you of the summer and make you think back to all the memories you shared with people.  You may go to a festival and discover a new band and then go home and download their music and instantly fall in love with them.  Having that band on your ipod will take you back to that festival and make you feel fucking boss so make sure you always pack your ipod in your bag!!


9.  Sunglasses ~ these are so important during the summer.  As well as looking stylish you have to have a pair which obviously protect your eyes, so make sure you get ones which actually do the job!  I got these pair free in cosmo mag and I love the cat eye effect!!


10.  Pressed, matte powder & suitable brush ~ if you're someone like me who has oily skin and the summer makes your skin so much more worse then you will NEED pressed powder to prevent your makeup from sliding all over the place and if you don't want any shine to come through then make sure it's matte!  Recently though I've been liking the duey makeup look so I only put a small amount on.  You will obviously need a suitable brush to carry round with you and I just use the buffing brush by real techniques.

I hope you've enjoyed this little blog post and I can't wait to do more that goes with the summer challenge so thank you Amy!!
What are your essential things to keep in your bag for summer??

~ Leigh.x

No comments:

Post a Comment